Memorial Portrait of Mr. Cohen - a Neo-Elegance silverpoint and India Ink portrait painting of a Jewish man at the Temple


silverpoint and india ink painting of jewish man in yamakah standing in front of hebrew ten commandments
A friend of mine commissioned me to paint a portrait of his father after he passed away. Since I was working on developing the Neo-Elegance art theory at the time, I rendered the image in the same style. A precious metal drawing was used as the substructure of the image that was then overlaid with multiple washes of diluted India Ink to build up the shadows and highlights. This piece expands on the incorporation of an underlying precious metal drawing using copper and pewter along with the silverpoint used in other images.  

Materials Used: Silverpoint, India Ink, and White Ink on Stretched Muslin
Dimensions: 23" x 34"
Year Created: 2007
Client: Private Party

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My name is Ben. I'm an illustrator, industrial designer, and inventor that specializes in... making stuff look cool. When I'm not preparing inventive advertising or drafting eccentric products, I find time to restore 1940s industrial equipment.

Recent Posts