Youth Brigade at Safari Sam's rock show poster 2007

Poster based on the Iwo Jima memorial with punk rock monsters in leather jackets and spikes raising red flag
In late 2007, I was offered the opportunity to design a poster for the Youth Brigade, Career Soldiers, Monster Squad, and Media Blitz punk show at Safari Sam's in Hollywood, CA and I jumped at the chance. While looking at the names of the bands that would be playing, I decided to take inspiration for the design from the Iwo Jima memorial. The biggest difference was changing the soldiers into horned punk rock monsters wearing spiked leather jackets like Howie Mandel's character from "Little Monsters".

Date: October 19th, 2007
Location: Safari Sam's - Hollywood, California
Bands: Youth Brigade, Career Soldiers, Monster Squad, and Media Blitz


Software Used: Adobe Illustrator
Year Created: 2007
Client: Safari Sam's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My name is Ben. I'm an illustrator, industrial designer, and inventor that specializes in... making stuff look cool. When I'm not preparing inventive advertising or drafting eccentric products, I find time to restore 1940s industrial equipment.

Recent Posts