Poster for The Color Fred's 2007 rock show at Celebrity

Lichtenstein style image of Fred Mascherino with silhouettes of faces talking to him and blue and red bullseye background
In August of 2007, I was asked by DoTell Records in Dayton, Ohio to design a poster for a rock show headlined by The Color Fred (Fred Mascherino from Taking Back Sunday) at Celebrity Show and Dance Club the following month. So I worked up a Roy Lichtenstein style image of Fred Mascherino with silhouettes of faces telling him the show details through talk bubbles and a blue and red bullseye background. The poster came out great, but Fred decided at the last minute that he wanted to use his generic tour poster for the show because he didn't like that I would get paid from the ticket sales. This resulted in the promoter having to pull all the posters that he printed and distributed around town and I wasn't paid.

Date: September 13th, 2007
Location: Celebrity Show and Dance Club - Dayton, Ohio
Bands: The Color Fred, Captain of Industry, and The Story Changes


Software Used: Adobe Illustrator
Year Created: 2007
Client: DoTell Records

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My name is Ben. I'm an illustrator, industrial designer, and inventor that specializes in... making stuff look cool. When I'm not preparing inventive advertising or drafting eccentric products, I find time to restore 1940s industrial equipment.

Recent Posts