Iris - an Art Nouveau inspired acrylic painting of a nude fairy

art nouveau style nude redheaded faerie with arabesque hair emerging from iris flower
For awhile I was going through a serious Art Nouveau kick and sketched out a large number of designs based on the work of Alphonse Mucha. Within these sketches, I designed a series of images that depict a nude faerie emerging from the center of a flower and surrounded by a decorative background. After letting these designs sit for awhile, I decided to try my hand at painting one of them. The result was "Iris", showing a nude redheaded faerie emerging from the center of an iris and stretching.

Materials Used: Acrylic on Canvas Board
Dimensions: 16" x 20"
Year Created: 2006
Status: Lost

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My name is Ben. I'm an illustrator, industrial designer, and inventor that specializes in... making stuff look cool. When I'm not preparing inventive advertising or drafting eccentric products, I find time to restore 1940s industrial equipment.

Recent Posts