Caged Off - dark gestural oil painting of nude male in corner


gestural brush stroke oil painting of crouching nude male figure with legs crossed and arms barred in front blocking face
Based on the gestural work I did for "Figure Study in Oil No. 1" and "Figure Study in Oil No. 3" while taking a painting class at college, I created this self-portrait oil painting shortly afterward using a single bright can light as the only illumination for the pose to provide a high contrast to the image.

Materials Used: Oil on Canvas
Dimensions: 18" x 24"
Year Created: 2005
Status: Lost

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My name is Ben. I'm an illustrator, industrial designer, and inventor that specializes in... making stuff look cool. When I'm not preparing inventive advertising or drafting eccentric products, I find time to restore 1940s industrial equipment.

Recent Posts