Charlie - digital portrait painting of old man smoking a cigarette

digital Rockwell portrait painting of old man in glasses and ball cap smoking a cigarette
While working as a gas station attendant in early 2000, one of my favorite customers was an older gentleman named Charlie that always came in to buy Camel Regular (non-filter) cigarettes and looked as though he stepped right out of a Norman Rockwell painting. Around this time, I was doing a fair amount of experimentation with digital painting using Photoshop and would often scan pencil sketches I made into the computer to color them digitally. While experimenting with creating the look of a Rockwell painting digitally, it only seemed appropriate to use the sketch I had done of Charlie.

Software Used: Adobe Photoshop
Dimensions: 8" x 10"
Year Created: 2000
Status: Prints Available

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My name is Ben. I'm an illustrator, industrial designer, and inventor that specializes in... making stuff look cool. When I'm not preparing inventive advertising or drafting eccentric products, I find time to restore 1940s industrial equipment.

Recent Posts