Indian Larry - a Neo-Elegance silverpoint and India Ink portrait painting of a custom bike builder


silverpoint and india ink close-up portrait of custom motorcyle builder Indian Larry wearing a feathered headdress
The third ink painting I created in conjunction with an art theory I was working on called Neo–Elegance. The image is a portrait of the late custom bike builder, Indian Larry, wearing an Indian headdress. A precious metal drawing was used as the substructure of the image that was then overlaid with multiple washes of diluted India Ink to build up the shadows and highlights. This piece expands on the incorporation of an underlying precious metal drawing using copper and pewter along with the silverpoint used in other images.  

Materials Used: Silverpoint, Copper, Pewter, and India Ink on Stretched Muslin
Dimensions: 48" x 48" x 2"
Year Created: 2007
Client: Private Party

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My name is Ben. I'm an illustrator, industrial designer, and inventor that specializes in... making stuff look cool. When I'm not preparing inventive advertising or drafting eccentric products, I find time to restore 1940s industrial equipment.

Recent Posts