Elegance - brass Zippo lighter hand engraved with Neo-Elegance nude woman

engraved simplified art nouveau female nude engraving in black on brass zippo lighter
This piece was my first and only experiment with hand engraving Zippo lighters. Using a Zippo I received for filling out a questionnaire for Marlboro and a graver's scribe I picked up at the flea market, I engraved the image of a simplified female nude with long flowing arabesque hair (that I drew while figuring out the look I was aiming for with the Neo-Elegance art theory) onto the side of the cigarette lighter. To help bring out the engraving and add more contrast, I rubbed ink into the grooves left by the scribe.

Materials Used: Brass Zippo Lighter and Ink
Dimensions: 1.5" x 2.25" x 0.5"
Year Created: 2006
Status: Available

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My name is Ben. I'm an illustrator, industrial designer, and inventor that specializes in... making stuff look cool. When I'm not preparing inventive advertising or drafting eccentric products, I find time to restore 1940s industrial equipment.

Recent Posts