Franklin - digitally manipulated motion-blur night photography textile pattern

long exposure night photograph of street lights digitally manipulated into abstract image of glowing light textile pattern on black background
In November of 2005, I experimented with a number of long exposure digital photographs of street lights while driving down the road at night. These sat unused in a folder on my computer until August of 2006, when I created a series of digitally manipulated photographic abstracts that turned the images into patterns. My intention with this piece in the series, is that 72 prints (5" x 5") would be made and tiled together to form a 20" x 90" pattern that mimics African textiles, but I was never able to find a cost-effective print service to use.

Materials Used: Digital Photograph, Adobe Photoshop
Dimensions: 20" x 90"
Year Created: 2006
Status: Prints Available

Below is a rough mock-up of how the piece was intended to look in a gallery setting once it was printed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My name is Ben. I'm an illustrator, industrial designer, and inventor that specializes in... making stuff look cool. When I'm not preparing inventive advertising or drafting eccentric products, I find time to restore 1940s industrial equipment.

Recent Posts