Breaking Free - chalk pastel drawing of smoothly rendered arm clutching the wrist of a loosely rendered arm

As I progressed with my drawings in my second Life Drawing class at college, I worked toward loosening up my drawing style rather than smoothing and blending the pastel all the time. "Breaking Free" was a visual representation of my attempt to break myself of the habit of smoothing the pastel all the time as evidenced by the smoothly rendered arm on the left grabbing the wrist of the loosely rendered arm on the right.

Materials Used: Rembrandt Chalk Pastel on Bond Paper
Dimensions: 18" x 24"
Year Created: 2005
Status: Available

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My name is Ben. I'm an illustrator, industrial designer, and inventor that specializes in... making stuff look cool. When I'm not preparing inventive advertising or drafting eccentric products, I find time to restore 1940s industrial equipment.

Recent Posts