Voyeur - a chalk pastel drawing of the muscles and skeleton of a woman's back

seated nude female leaning on one arm with skin draping delicately off shoulder exposing muscles and bones of her back and shoulders
Like "Substructure", the charcoal and conte drawing I did a few months before, I was given an assignment in my Life Drawing class at college to draw the human form and show the skeletal structures and muscles of the body in the drawing as though they were visible. Luckily, my girlfriend at the time was gracious enough to pose nude for the drawing. To keep the image delicate, I opted to render the image as though she was lowering the skin off her shoulders like a blouse to expose the muscles and bones of her shoulders, upper back, and arm to the viewer. Thus leaving her "fully exposed" just like the voyeuristic nature of viewing the human form nude really is.

Materials Used: Rembrandt Chalk Pastel on Bond Paper
Dimensions: 18" x 24"
Year Created: 2005
Status: In Private Collection

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My name is Ben. I'm an illustrator, industrial designer, and inventor that specializes in... making stuff look cool. When I'm not preparing inventive advertising or drafting eccentric products, I find time to restore 1940s industrial equipment.

Recent Posts