Multiple Reflections - charcoal self-portrait using mirrors

charcoal self-portrait with three faces in mirror depicting calm anger and fear
While taking my first drawing class at college, we were given a simple assignment to draw a self-portrait in charcoal while looking in a mirror. Rather than go about it the easy way, I instead decided to incorporate a second small round mirror in the composition and render a different facial expression in each of the reflected faces to show focus in the main portrait, anger in the second, and fear in the last.

Materials Used: Charcoal on Bond Paper
Dimensions: 18" x 24"
Year Created: 2002
Status: Lost

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My name is Ben. I'm an illustrator, industrial designer, and inventor that specializes in... making stuff look cool. When I'm not preparing inventive advertising or drafting eccentric products, I find time to restore 1940s industrial equipment.

Recent Posts