Through the Needle - 35mm photograph of light shining through Badlands rock face

color photograph of sunlight streaming through crack in Badlands rock face shaped like the eye of a needle
The Summer after I graduated High School in 1998, my family and I went on vacation to South Dakota for a week. On the trip, I took a few rolls of film on an old Yashica 35mm camera I had at the time. "Through the Needle" was one of the better images that came out of the stack after they were developed. It was taken of the sun shining through a hole in the rock face while stopping to enjoy the scenery inside the Badlands National Park. Unfortunately, many of the negatives for the images were lost in the years that followed the trip and only a single print remains.

Materials Used: 35mm Film Photography
Dimensions: Variable
Year Created: 1998
Status: Prints no longer available

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My name is Ben. I'm an illustrator, industrial designer, and inventor that specializes in... making stuff look cool. When I'm not preparing inventive advertising or drafting eccentric products, I find time to restore 1940s industrial equipment.

Recent Posts