and On the Eighth Day, He Created Coffee - painted mural of angel delivering cup of coffee to God

Michelangelo's Creation of Adam style male angel handing God a cup of coffee
While preparing to graduate from High School, I was given the opportunity to paint a mural on the wall of the art room at school provided I got approval for my design from the art teacher. At the time, I drew a great deal of inspiration for my art from the works of the Italian Renaissance masters. So I worked up an image based on Michelangelo's Creation of Adam from the Sistine Chapel. In my version however, a heroic angel flies in from the right with a cup of steaming coffee in hand while a "Father Time" style depiction of God rises up out of the mountains themselves to reach for the cup. The banner in the bottom of the mural reads, "AND ON THE EIGHTH DAY HE CREATED COFFEE..." I've been meaning to go back to the school for years to find out if my mural is still there, but never found the time.

Materials Used: Acrylic Paint and Oil Pastel on Drywall
Dimensions: 48" x 96"
Year Created: 1998
Client: Fairborn High School

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My name is Ben. I'm an illustrator, industrial designer, and inventor that specializes in... making stuff look cool. When I'm not preparing inventive advertising or drafting eccentric products, I find time to restore 1940s industrial equipment.

Recent Posts